Our Commitment to Our Members:
To support and encourage your growth as a member by providing opportunities for you to:
- Grow in grace, knowledge and understanding of God through the Word, prayer, fellowship and worship.
- Sharpen your leadership skills through classes, workshops and hands-on experience.
- Serve God in a ministry where you are able to use your spiritual gifts to make significant contributions to the mission and vision of the church.
Becoming a Member:
If you have never been baptized or been a member of a church before, we would like you to meet with one of our pastors to talk about the process of joining.
As part of the worship service where you join if appropriate, you will first be asked to join the general United Methodist Church and then you will join this local congregation of the United Methodist Church either as a:
- Professing Member – Adults can become a professing member of this local congregation by Baptism and Professing of Faith and can vote on issues relating to general United Methodist Church as well as this local congregation.
- Preparatory Member – Baptized youth and children under age 18 who have not been confirmed in the United Methodist Church become preparatory (Baptized) members.
- Affiliate Member – Professing member of another United Methodist Church congregation who may be temporarily far from their home congregation and wish to connect with the life, ministry, and watch-care of a congregation nearer to where they now are for a time.
- Associate Member – Are people who have been baptized by water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in another Christian denomination, wish to connect with a local United Methodist Church, but wish to retain their current denominational affiliation rather than become professing members of The United Methodist Church.
Joining by Baptism and Profession of Faith:
For those adults who wish to join with our church and have never been part of a church, we ask that you receive baptism through one of the following forms:
- Sprinkling of the Water
- Pouring of the Water
- Immersion in the Water – please contact the Pastor before so arrangements can be made to perform the Baptism at a suitable location.
and answer three questions as your Profession of Faith:
- Do you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and pledge allegiance to Christ Kingdom?
- Do you accept the teachings of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible?
- Do you agree to live a Christian life by the grace of God, to the best of your ability?
Joining by Transfer of Church Letter:
As United Methodist, we believe that baptism is a one time divine act of God and all baptized Christians are members of God’s family.
Therefore, we do not require persons from other Christian denominations or from other United Methodist congregations who wish to join our church to be re-baptized.
For those persons who have previously been a member of a church, but feel God working in their life in a new way, you may join our congregation by re-affirmation of faith. You would simply reaffirm the questions listed under “Profession of Faith” above.
Our Members Commitment to Our Congregation:
Every member is asked to support the church with their prayers, presence, gifts, service, and their witness. We understand this vow to mean:
- Daily prayer for others and the church.
- Weekly attendance in worship, unless out of town or ill
- To grow toward regular financial support proportional to your income, Biblical model is 10%.
- Participation in one or more of our service ministries in the church.
- Sharing your witness/faith through kindness and love, a transformed life, and through your words to those that you come in contact with.